2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Many great writers claimed New Orleans as a home before going on to win important prizes in literature, including the Pulitzer Prize. Learn the history behind New Orleans’ literary and bohemian past on this guided tour through the French Quarter—see the city through the eyes of greats such as William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, and Ernest Hemingway. From their homes and hotels to their favorite haunts, imagine life as a New Orleans bohemian.
- New Orleans literary and bohemian tour in the French Quarter
- Learn how NOLA influenced some of the 20th century’s greatest writers
- Explore the city through the eyes of great writers like Hemingway and Faulkner
- Chance to stop for a drink along the way (not included)
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
Departure & Return
217 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Savvy Native
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 101604P17
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingNew OrleansWalking Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaArt Tours - LouisianaWalking Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachArt Tours - Orange BeachWalking Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinArt Tours - DestinCategory
New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA)Port of New Orleans (Port NOLA)Napoleon HouseNew Canal LighthouseStoryville District Frenchmen StreetThe PresbytèreLouisiana Children's Museum (LCM)Royal StreetNew Orleans City ParkMusical Legends ParkCabildoLafayette Cemetery No. 1Backstreet Cultural MuseumAudubon ParkHard Rock Cafe New OrleansLongue Vue House and GardensDestrehan PlantationMagazine StreetMississippi River