Explore our promoted experiences
- Culinary walking tour of the French Quarter
- All tastings included
- Dietary restrictions can mostly be accommodated
- Learn about the rich culinary history of New Orleans
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tujague's Restaurant Address: 823 Decatur St, in the French Quarter Dates: Daily Return point: Arnaud's Restaurant
What To Expect
During your walk, you'll learn about Creole and Cajun cuisine and what the difference is between the two. Throughout visits to some of the neighborhood's most important culinary destinations, taste dishes such as beef brisket with Creole horseradish sauce, red beans and rice, turtle soup, shrimp remoulade, and seafood gumbo. Learn about the area's significant Sicilian influence while you sample a muffaletta sandwich, cannoli, and gelato. Finish up with a praline from Leah's — if you've still got room.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions (please dress for the occasion)
- Moderate amount of walking, wear comfortable shoes
- Be sure to let us know of any dietary restrictions you may have
- While we try to accommodate for dietary needs, we cannot guarantee what the restaurants have available.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY New Orleans Culinary History Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Hit Muriel’s Gallery for an afterglow drink overlooking Jackson Park — Naif’s great recommendation!" See review