Explore our promoted experiences
- Walking tour of Tremé, America's oldest African-American neighborhood
- See the Creole Cottages and colorful Shotguns and discover African-American history in New Orleans
- Learn about the Free People of Color and key figures who played an important role in the city's history
- See landmarks like the birthplace of jazz at Congo Square in Louis Armstrong Park
Departure & Return
Corner of Saint Philip and N. Villere Streets, the starting point for your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Savvy Native
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff