- Cruise along the Hudson River to see colorful fall foliage
- Admire views of the dramatic Palisade Cliffs from the boat
- Sip hot cocoa or complimentary beer and wine
- Escape the city bustle for a scenic half-day tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The boat departs from Chelsea Piers, on Pier 62, which is located at West 22nd Street and the Hudson River. We are at the northernmost end of the Chelsea Piers on the water. When walking to Chelsea Piers, you must cross the West Side Highway. There are crosswalks at 18th, 20th and 23rd Street. When standing on the west side highway facing the river (facing west), go around the north side of the large blue building. Our ticket booth is located steps from the dock on Pier 62. Please check in at the Classic Harbor Line ticket booth upon arrival, and you will be escorted to the boat by the Captain when it is time to board.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The ship heads north along the Hudson River to first take in spectacular views of New York City’s Upper West Side before sailing under the George Washington Bridge to leave the city behind for the scenic countryside.
Sip complimentary hot chocolate or sodea, beer, wine, or champagne while taking in the colorful landscapes along the banks of the river as far as the Palisade Cliffs, just north of Fort Lee, New Jersey. Be sure to bundle up, as the autumn breezes can be nippy on the river.
There’s time to relax, enjoy a picnic lunch (passengers need to provide their own lunches), and snap pictures of these dramatic cliffs—one of the most striking geological features outside New York City—before heading back to the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress for the weather - bring lots of layers, hats, gloves and scarves depending on the weather
- Only animals that perform a manual task to assist a person are permitted aboard. Emotional support animals and pets are not permitted
- Please let us know in advance if assistance is required for boarding
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Peak fall foliage is not guaranteed. We have seen fall colors at their peak as early as mid-October and as late early December along the waterfront in the Palisades of New Jersey (the prime destination of our fall foliage excursions). Refunds due to ‘lack of color’, will not be honored. Cruising on the Hudson River, north by the Palisades, is a unique and interesting route and is the declared value of this excursion.
- Most travelers can participate
- Groups of 10 or more will be contacted by the operator in advance for an additional 10% group gratuity
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY Classic Harbor Line NYC
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons