Are you interested in?
Central Park Tours
199 Tours & Activities
400 Tours & Activities
Nature and Wildlife
87 Tours & Activities
2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
New York City's Central Park is full of hidden gems and hard-to-find spaces. On this walking tour, your city-licensed guide uncovers the park’s remote highlights above 100th Street, including the Loch, waterfalls, arches, and man-made mountains. Walk to the northern reaches of the park, hear about its storied history dating back to the Revolutionary War, and discover secrets that even locals are likely to miss.
- History aficionados learn about the city's past on this historian-led tour
- Explore the the park's formal Conservatory Gardens and verdant North Woods
- Take photos from a unique overlook on the shores of the Harlem Meer
- Avoid crowds by exploring the park's less-trafficked areas
Saved to wishlist!
Accommodation as per itinerary
Small group - Limited to 15 people.
Face masks - Everyone needs one to wear for entire tour and social distance.
Departure & Return
Departure Point405 Central Park West, New York, NY 10025, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tours go out in rain, snow and shine. There are no cancellations or rescheduling for rain or snow within 24 hours of the start of the tour.
- The tour is approximately 3.5 miles and takes about 2.5 hours. You should be in good physical shape; there is uneven terrain, unpaved trails, rocks, some steep (but short) hills on dirt and mulch, uneven stairs and potentially slippery areas. It is essential that you dress appropriately and wear suitable shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Some locations may not be open or accessible depending on weather conditions and/or park closings.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Visit Revolutionary Tours NYC site for additional later times/dates
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Revolutionary Tours NYC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Secret Places of Central Park?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Secret Places of Central Park?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Secret Places of Central Park?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 86536P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesNature and WildlifeWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNew York CityUnique Experiences - New YorkNature and Wildlife - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkHistorical Tours - New YorkUnique Experiences - BrooklynNature and Wildlife - BrooklynWalking Tours - BrooklynHistorical Tours - BrooklynUnique Experiences - NewarkNature and Wildlife - NewarkWalking Tours - NewarkHistorical Tours - NewarkCategory
Neue Galerie New YorkUpper East SideInternational Center of Photography MuseumChelseaBroadhurst TheatreSaks Fifth Avenue FlagshipHard Rock Café Yankee Stadium MetLife StadiumNewark Liberty International Airport (EWR)42nd Street New York CityChelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment ComplexBethesda FountainRipley’s Believe it or Not! Times SquareOrpheum TheatreSt. Paul's ChapelBowling GreenNederlander TheaterDavid Geffen Hall at Lincoln CenterMuseum of SexNolita