- Delve into Newcastle East’s history, food, and drinks on a small-group tour
- Dig deeper into the city’s convict-era past and bar scene than you could alone
- Stroll, sightsee, and enjoy tapas and drink recommendations at three bars
- Enjoy drinks (own cost) and tales of convicts and riots you may miss alone
Departure & Return
Go to the water fountain outside Customs House Hotel and look for your guide in a Newcastle Afoot t-shirt.
Our tour finishes near the intersection between King Street and Darby Street, approximately 1.5km West of Customs House.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. In the event of extreme and unsafe weather you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Newcastle Afoot
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "This is a really great concept - a great way for non-history buffs to get a feel for some of the major influences that have created the city of Newcastle." See review