- Food tour of Berkeley’s 'Gourmet Ghetto' district
- Visit several acclaimed eateries and chat with the chefs and owners
- Enjoy samples of gourmet cheeses, chocolates, cupcakes, gelato, sandwiches, pizza, wine, and more
- Sip coffee at the original Peet’s Coffee & Tea location
- Learn about the San Francisco East Bay’s culinary history and culture from your knowledgeable guide
- All food tastings included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
You’ll explore this culinary landscape, home to long-established icons including Chez Panisse and The Cheeseboard Collective, while you discover local hotspots, chat with food purveyors, and enjoy a variety of tastings. Learn about Berkeley’s commitment to sustainable practices as you enjoy seasonal, organic and locally grown food.
At Love at First Bite Cupcakery & Bakery, sink your teeth into homemade cupcakes; savor velvety chocolates at Alegio Chocolates; sample crispy potato puffs at Gregoire’s and pizza at The Cheeseboard Pizzeria. Sip tea at Imperial Tea Court, munch on meaty sandwiches at The Local Butcher Shop, and slurp homemade soups at SOOP in Epicurious Garden.
Top off your gastronomic tour at Vintage with a wine tasting and set foot inside the original Peet’s Coffee & Tea for a taste of this West Coast institution, before returning to the starting point.
Please note: Places visited and tastings are subject to change depending upon availability.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- All food tastings are subject to change depending on availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Tours are currently offered only to guests that are fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Guests may be asked to show proof at time of tour.
- Not available to guests that are unvaccinated against Covid19.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Edible Excursions
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands