2 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Take a break from the modern city of Osaka and be immersed in the world of the Edo-era samurai. This unique experience includes an overnight stay at a rarely visited temple where you can practice the art of the samurai warrior and the discipline of Zen meditation. Three hearty meals are included along with round-trip transport by rail, making it a convenient and serene getaway without the crowds.
- Samurai experience at a large, historical Japanese temple
- Step into the Edo period and learn the art of the samurai warrior
- Overnight accommodation, three meals, and all activities included
- Just a 45-minute train ride south of Osaka; railway ticket included
Saved to wishlist!
Accommodation as per itinerary
Transportation from day 1 train station pickup to day 2 train station drop off.
Coffee and/or Tea
Food and drinks outside of provisions at meal time.
Transportation to/from Izumi Sunagawa Station from Osaka or beyond (the experience starts and ends at this station)
Departure & Return
Japan, 〒590-0522 大阪府泉南市信達牧野１６５
It's a small station, so we'll meet up easily.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 15 years.
- You'll sleep in a shared space with other participants on comfortable futon mats. A portable barrier divides the room, allowing men and women to have privacy.
- Bathing is communal, but can be taken in turn. It is separated by gender.
- For those not wanting to engage in the swordplay related aspects of the experience, tea ceremony and flower arrangement experiences may be available at additional cost (please inquire).
- Alcohol may not be consumed during this experience, and is not allowed on site.
- Even in colder weather, please bring shorts to wear underneath the samurai clothing.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Pinpoint Traveler, Inc
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Immersive Samurai and Temple Stay Experience?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Immersive Samurai and Temple Stay Experience?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Immersive Samurai and Temple Stay Experience?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingOsaka PrefectureRail Tours - IzumisanoOvernight Tours - IzumisanoMulti-day Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoRail Tours - Kansai PrefectureOvernight Tours - Kansai PrefectureMulti-day Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureRail Tours - Nagano PrefectureOvernight Tours - Nagano PrefectureMulti-day Tours - Nagano PrefectureHistorical Tours - Nagano PrefectureCategory