- Private walking tour of Oxford
- Get insider tips on the city and the university from your dedicated guide
- Explore both the college and the city, including the Divinity School and the Bodleian Library
- Hear about the history and legends of Oxford University
- Private tour ensures personalized attention and the ability to ask questions
Departure & Return
The Weston Library is situated on Broad Street opposite The Sheldonian Theatre and The Clarendon Building in the heart of the Old University Quarter. Look for a Tours of Oxford sign with your name(s) on it - your guide will be attached.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Set out on foot to explore both the historic city's downtown heart and a selection of the university's famous colleges. Learn about its feuds and foibles, achievements and ambitions, and why its alumni still hold sway over much of the British Establishment. Hear tales of how 'Town and Gown' have got along, (or not), with each other over the centuries. On campus, explore the interior of the Divinity School and some of the other hallowed colleges.
Walk away from your tour with a good idea of places you'd like to revisit and recommendations from your guide on other activities and restaurants to enjoy in the area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tours must be booked a minimum of 48hrs in advance of tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes or trainers since this tour involves a moderate amount of walking
- Tours can run at any time to suit your itinerary, however 11am and 2pm are optimum start times.
- No pickup service outside of the central Oxford city area
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tours of Oxford
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.