2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
This fantastic combination tour allows you to see the highlights of Oxford from the land and the water on the same day. You’ll save hours shortlisting the city’s top sites by having a guide to show you around instead. The guided walking tour takes you past top city sites including Oxford University, Harry Potter filming locations, and Christ Church Meadow. A highlight of the tour is a boat trip, where you can choose to row yourself or have a chauffeur to punt for you.
- Save time and go on a walking tour and a river punting/rowing trip in a day
- See filming locations from the movie Harry Potter
- Flexible tour—choose to row yourself or have a chauffeur to punt
- See many Oxford highlights in a day, including Oxford University
Saved to wishlist!
Life jackets are available free of charge for the boats, by request. Water level averages 2-6 feet
Max 3-4 persons + guide per boat. Any larger groups, ask viator to call us up for a quote!
Please note dates below under section of graduation, university open days, Xmas holidays!
If you opt to request the 1 hour boat hire to handle the boat yourself, please note that if you don't return the boat within the one hour period, the boathouse may use its discretion to charge you a late return penalty fee. This is your responsibility therefore to ensure that you proactively keep an eye on how much time you have left and ensure that you can return the boat along the river in time before your hire period ends.
No food or drink is included on this tour but the boathouse do offer you opportunity to pay for a picnic hamper & likewise, you may opt to bring your own food & drink onto the boat. If you opt to choose 1 hour boat hire, you are responsible for safe & sensible drinking of any alcohol and responsible handling of the boat, to ensure that you do not damage the boat or other boats & do not lose the oars etc. We cannot be responsible for any penalties which the boathouse (a third party) might see fit to charge you, if you should cause them damages.
In case of bad weather: unfortunately, we don't permit cancellations but if you give us at least 24 hours notice, then we will accept requests to reschedule the date. If weather forecast suggests heavy rain & if you cannot reschedule to another date, we will alternatively let you book onto any alternative tour activity which is also running, such as to join a tour inside Christchurch.
We can only fit max 3-4 clients + guide per boat, so larger groups, please ask viator to call us up!
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In case of bad weather: unfortunately, we don't permit cancellations but if you give us at least 24 hours notice, then we will accept requests to reschedule the date. If weather forecast suggests heavy rain & if you cannot reschedule to another date, we will alternatively let you book onto any alternative tour activity which is also running, such as to join a tour inside Christchurch.
- Please note the river is on average about 6 feet (2m) deep, so any children will automatically be offered a lifebelt but you must notify us if any adults or children in your group cannot swim. Please advise us of this fact, when you book & when you meet the guide & when the boathouse prepare your boat!
- The default schedule for this tour is to first join either the 12.30 walking tour or the 2.30pm walking tour and then the guide will walk you to the boathouse. If your schedule requires you to instead take the boat trip in the morning before you join the walking tour, then you must make this request known and advise what time you can meet us (any time from 10am onwards)
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Max 3-4 persons + guide per boat. Any larger groups, ask viator to call us up for a quote!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Walking Tour Combined with River Punting Rowing (3 hours duration)
120 to 150 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
1 hour 55 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingOxfordWater Tours - South East EnglandWalking Tours - South East EnglandHistorical Tours - South East EnglandWater Tours - LondonWalking Tours - LondonHistorical Tours - LondonWater Tours - BirminghamWalking Tours - BirminghamHistorical Tours - BirminghamCategory
Trinity College Tours & TicketsBalliol College Tours & TicketsBlenheim Palace Tours & TicketsMagdalen College Tours & TicketsCarfax Junction Tours & TicketsAshmolean Museum Tours & TicketsOxford Town Hall Tours & TicketsOxford Castle & Prison Tours & TicketsOxford Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsHistory of Science Museum Tours & TicketsSheldonian Theatre Tours & Tickets