6 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Step back in time to the ancient world of the Maya during this 6-hour exploration of the Iximche ruins near Lake Atitlan. Explore this 1,000-year-old city’s wealth of ball courts, pyramid-temples, royal palaces and the on-site museum. You’ll also learn about the history of this iconic archaeological site up through the Spanish colonial era, and discover details about the Mayan calendar, astrological studies and the attitudes of the present day Mayan people towards their ancestors. Your trip includes entrance fees, a guide and a choice between shared and private round-trip hotel transport.
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Iximche during a day trip from Panjachel
- Admire the diverse collection of ball courts, pyramid-temples and royal palaces found at this 1,000-year-old city
- Learn about the culture of the Maya, including the attitudes of its present-day Mayan ancestors
- Hear about Mayan scientific achievements like their number system, calendar and astrological observations
- Great excursion for history lovers
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan, coach, or SUV
Round-trip private/shared transportation (depending on tour option)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Los Elementos Adventure Center & Day Spa
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 7747P18
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPanajachelBus Tours - Western HighlandsHalf-day Tours - Western HighlandsBus Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHalf-day Tours - San Pedro La LagunaBus Tours - QuetzaltenangoHalf-day Tours - QuetzaltenangoCategory