6 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Step back in time to the ancient world of the Maya during this 6-hour exploration of the Iximche ruins near Lake Atitlan. Explore this 1,000-year-old city’s wealth of ball courts, pyramid-temples, royal palaces and the on-site museum. You’ll also learn about the history of this iconic archaeological site up through the Spanish colonial era, and discover details about the Mayan calendar, astrological studies and the attitudes of the present day Mayan people towards their ancestors. Your trip includes entrance fees, a guide and a choice between shared and private round-trip hotel transport.
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Iximche during a day trip from Panjachel
- Admire the diverse collection of ball courts, pyramid-temples and royal palaces found at this 1,000-year-old city
- Learn about the culture of the Maya, including the attitudes of its present-day Mayan ancestors
- Hear about Mayan scientific achievements like their number system, calendar and astrological observations
- Great excursion for history lovers
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan, coach, or SUV
Round-trip private/shared transportation (depending on tour option)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointPanajachel, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located Panajachel hotels, or Xocomil Travel office on Calle Embarcadero in Panajachel
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Los Elementos Adventure Center & Day Spa
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Iximche Mayan Ruin from Panajachel
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPanajachelBus Tours - Western HighlandsHalf-day Tours - Western HighlandsBus Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHalf-day Tours - San Pedro La LagunaBus Tours - AntiguaHalf-day Tours - AntiguaCategory