Are you interested in?
- Private tour of the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay with skip-the-line access to both museums
- Enter the magnificent Louvre, the most visited museum in the world, from the underground Carrousel du Louvre
- Learn the stories behind famous Louvre artworks such as the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and The Raft of Medusa from your expert guide
- Enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense) before rejoining your guide at the Musée d’Orsay
- Hear anecdotes about famous paintings at the Musée d’Orsay by artists including Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir and Gauguin
- Private tour limited to four people ensures a more intimate experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointLouis XIV sous les traits de Marcus Curtius (copie), Cour Napoléon et Pyramide du Louvre, 75001 Paris, France
Traveler pickup is offered
For the hotel pick-up option, your guide can meet you at any hotel within Paris city limits (ZIP Code beginning with 75). Transportation (taxi, metro, etc) is at your expense.
Return DetailsMusée d'Orsay, 75007 Paris, France
What To Expect
Spend 2 hours at the Louvre’s hallowed galleries viewing some of the most famous works of art in the world, including the Venus de Milo, The Raft of the Medusa, the Mona Lisa and paintings by artists like Rembrandt and Delacroix. Your guide can customize the tour based on your personal interests, and will share an art historian’s perspective on all the works you see. Feel free to ask questions and linger in front of your favorite pieces as long as you like.
Midday, enjoy some leisure time to continue exploring the Louvre on your own or have lunch at a nearby café (own expense). Reconnect with your guide at the Musée d’Orsay, and enjoy skip-the-line access once again to head straight inside.
Housed in a Beaux Arts former train terminal, the Musée d’Orsay boasts a collection of more than 4,000 European works from the mid-to-late 19th century, including the largest Impressionist and Postimpressionist collection in the world. Take a guided tour of the museum’s highlights to see masterpieces of painting and sculpture by artists including Monet, Renoir, Rodin, Gaugin, Suerat and Cézanne. Say farewell to your guide at the Musée d’Orsay, where you can continue exploring on your own or head out to continue sightseeing in Paris.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will go by foot between the two museums, which is a walk of approximately 10 to 15 minutes
- Please note this tour is limited to a maximum of six people per group.
- Even with a skip the line ticket, there may still be queues on certain days during the summer
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Meeting the French
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Skip the Line at Louvre Museum and Musée d'Orsay.