- Ride your Segway on a 5- or 10-mile loop of Center City
- View Philadelphia landmarks such as the Italian Market, Independence Hall and the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Travel down Benjamin Franklin Parkway and the Schuylkill River Trail (if option selected)
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Tours start from: 7 N. Columbus Blvd., Suite 7b Philadelphia, PA 19106 (next to the Waterfront Cafe & Deli)
What To Expect
With the training out of the way, it’s time to hit the open road. If you have opted for the shorter Segway tour around Philadelphia, cruise a loop from the Historic District and Penn’s Landing to the Delaware River and South Street neighborhoods. Check out over 15 attractions, like the historic First Bank of the United States, the 9th Street Italian Market — the oldest and largest outdoor market in the United States — the folk art environs of the Magic Gardens and the various churches attended by William Penn, where the Quaker leader (who fought against religious oppression) practised what he preached.
On the longer Segway tour option, continue along the loop, passing by Elfreth's Alley, America's oldest continuously inhabited residential street, and the Betsy Ross House, believed to be the very site where the the first American Flag was sewn. Glide by Independence Hall, birthplace of the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the magnificent homes of Society Hill.
Continue on to the Avenue of the Arts, Rittenhouse Square and Fitler Square before traveling along the Schuylkill River to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the famous stairs from the movie Rocky. Finally, it’s off to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and the Rodin Museum before winding through some of the city’s back streets, en route to the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and Chinatown, where the tour comes to an end.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- TOUR REQUIREMENTS*
- All riders must wear a helmet (your own or provided by Philly by Segway).
- All riders must bring valid identification.
- All riders must read and sign a waiver of liability.
- Segway riders must be 12-years-old or older. If a rider is under 18, they must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult who can sign the waiver form.
- All riders must weigh between 100lbs - 300lbs.
- All riders must complete Segway training to their guide's satisfaction.
- RECOMMENDED ATTIRE*
- Please keep in mind that you will be standing for the duration of your tour - these recommendations are for your comfort and safety:
- Wear comfortable but not loose clothing.
- Wear secure, flat, comfortable shoes, preferably close-toed sneakers or athletic shoes. Flip-flops, high heels, or wedges are not appropriate.
- DRESS FOR THE WEATHER - we ride rain or shine. If it is a cold day, dress as if you are going skiing (gloves, hat, coat, etc.). If it is a hot, sunny day, wear sunscreen, bring sunglasses, and a water bottle. You will be outside for the duration of your tour.
- YOUR TOUR*
- Please arrive early. We recommend arriving 5-10 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- After you check in, there will be a 30 minute training session including an instructional video. You must complete this training to your guide's satisfaction - even if you've ridden a Segway before.
- Once everyone is trained and feels confident riding a Segway, we start the tour!
- Philly by Segway reserves the right to decline a tour to anyone. It is imperative that riders follow guide instructions for their safety and the safety of the group.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Philly by Segway
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Philadelphia Segway Tour.