- River safari in Palo Verde National Park
- Watch for native Costa Rican wildlife on a cruise down the Tempisque River
- See beautiful birds species like scarlet macaws, white ibis, and tiger herons
- Savor a delicious homemade lunch
- Meet local artisans in the town of Bolson
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included from Tamarindo or Papagayo
- Great way to experience Costa Rican nature, culture, and cuisine in a single day
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Our reservation department will send you the exact pick up time according to hotel location.
What To Expect
Climb aboard a covered boat for a leisurely cruise down the Tempisque River. Learn about the surrounding wetlands ecosystem from a guide, and keep an eye out for some of its most noteworthy habitants, including monkeys crouching in the trees and crocodiles and iguanas sunning on the riverbanks. Birdwatchers will have plenty to look for, as scarlet macaws, tiger herons, white ibis, osprey, jabiru, and other species are known to inhabit the area.
After the river safari, travel to the nearby town of Bolson for a delicious homemade lunch. For a dose of local culture, meet resident artists who are keeping the area’s renowned pottery and handicraft traditions alive. Watch a demonstration of the creative process before the return transfer to your hotel in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Jacamar Naturalist Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms