- Day trip to Rincon de la Vieja National Park from Guanacaste
- Explore an active volcanic landscape on a guided 2-hour hike
- Learn about the tropical dry forest and primary forest ecosystems
- See volcanic mud pits, sulfur ponds, and steam vents
- Includes a typical Costa Rican lunch at a Liberia restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will be asking for your name when we arrive to the lobby of this hotels.
What To Expect
Throughout the 2-hour hike, see evidence of the area’s volcanic activity as you pass steaming fumaroles, bubbling mud pits, and sulphuric ponds. Keep an eye out also for the many wild residents that call the park home, such as toucans, agoutis, white-nosed coatis, spider and howler monkeys, and butterflies.
When you complete the hiking circuit, travel back to Liberia and reward your efforts with a hearty casado lunch plate featuring rice, beans, plantains, and meat or vegetarian fare at a city restaurant. Enjoy a bit of free time to browse local markets for souvenirs or stop for a coffee break (own expense) before returning to your hotel in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Guanacaste Viajes and Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff