1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Brave an after-hours visit to one of Australia’s most haunted locations on this spine-chilling 1.5-hour walking tour. Enjoy a lantern-lit tour of the Port Arthur Historic Site and uncover the harrowing history of the UNESCO-listed convict site. Hear terrifying tales of ghosts and paranormal activity that date back to the 19th-century and listen out for ghostly footsteps as you tiptoe around the former penal colony. For those that dare to finish the tour, you’ll even be presented with a ‘Certificate of Bravery and Courage’!
- 90-minute ghost tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Take a lantern-lit guided tour of one of Australia's most haunted locations
- Listen to ghost stories dating back to 1870
- Receive a Certificate of Bravery and Courage at the end of your tour
- Enjoy a spooky atmosphere and exclusive access to sites after hours
Saved to wishlist!
Certificate of Bravery and Courage at completion of tour
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Any other additional tours onsite
Site Entry, this tour is evening Ghost Tour access only
Departure & Return
Departure PointPort Arthur Historic Site, Visitor Centre, Historic Site, Port Arthur TAS 7182, Australia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for children aged 13 and under
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Port Arthur Historic Sites
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Port Arthur Ghost Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Port Arthur Ghost Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Port Arthur Ghost Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 5774PAGT
Explore Similar Things to Do
Ghost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingPort ArthurGhost & Vampire Tours - TasmaniaWalking Tours - TasmaniaHistorical Tours - TasmaniaGhost & Vampire Tours - Seven Mile BeachWalking Tours - Seven Mile BeachHistorical Tours - Seven Mile BeachGhost & Vampire Tours - HobartWalking Tours - HobartHistorical Tours - HobartCategory