- Enjoy this comprehensive full-day tour to Port Arthur
- Take a walking tour around the landscaped grounds with more than 30 buildings and ruins
- Learn about the history of this former convict colony and World Heritage site
- Relax on a Carnarvon Bay cruise to admire the coast of Tasman National Park
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Continue to drive through the Tasman Peninsula and observe the beautiful coastal scenery of natural bushland and native Australian.
When you arrive at Port Arthur you have ample time to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Embark on a guided walking tour of this former seaside penal colony, once home to the most serious criminals of the time, where more than 30 restored buildings and ruins are available to explore. See sites like the penitentiary, a former granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant’s House and the church, and learn about the history of the settlement, which dates back to the 1830s, and the brutal living conditions for the convicts via interpretive and interactive presentations.
Then set off on a harbor cruise on Carnarvon Bay to admire the natural beauty of this somber World Heritage–listed site. From the water, admire the scenery of Tasman National Park with its rugged coastline, see the Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, and circle around the Isle of the Dead.
Lunch is not included but can be purchased at Port Cafe, at the entrance to the Port Arthur Visitor Center, or at Felons, a sit-down restaurant. Both offer a selection of sandwiches, hot food, and drinks. Your day trip ends with the return drive to Hobart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring good walking shoes for the walking tour. If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Center.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands