- Half-day Aveiro tour from Porto, led by an expert local guide
- Explore Aveiro on a walking tour, seeing sights like Aveiro Cathedral
- Learn about the town’s Roman and medieval history
- Cruise around Aveiro’s canals aboard a traditional moliceiro boat
- Visit the sandy beach of Costa Nova and admire its candy-colored fishing houses
Departure & Return
Our Tourism office is located on the top of Rua Mouzinho da Silveira door number 352-354, near São Bento Train Station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hop out here and begin traversing the canals on a walking tour. With your expert guide, see an abundance of alluring Art Nouveau homes and then stop at the 15th century Aveiro Cathedral to observe its Baroque architecture. Hear stories of the town’s Roman settlement heritage as you pass Museo de Aveiro, formerly a famous Convent of Jesus of the female Dominican Order.
Your walking tour ends at a canal, but your 1-hour moliceiro cruise begins! Aboard your vibrantly painted gondola-like vessel, learn how it was formerly used to harvest seaweed. Capture more Aveiro’s sights cruising the calm waters and finish your cruise at Costa Nova.
Hop off the boat and relish some free time to stroll the white sandy beaches of Costa Nova. Along its coast, enjoy snapping fun photos of candy cane-striped fishing homes that line the town’s beachfront. Perhaps, pop into a a café for a snack and a drink (own expense) and then rendezvous with your guide for your pleasant ride back to your Porto hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- There is no bathroom on board the bus
- Dress code is smart casual
- The tours may be changed without prior notice
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Minimum passenger required to run - 2 persons
- Most travelers can participate
- European Certificate Vaccination or a Covid 19 negative test is mandatory if meals are included in tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cityrama
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands