9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Indulge in the Douro Valley’s luxuriant food and wine culture on this full-day small-group tour of the Douro with lunch. After departing from Porto by minibus, you’ll sweep through the Douro’s winding roads as you enter the valley. With terraced vineyards on either side of you, you’ll visit esteemed wineries and the Douro’s most captivating cities: Amarante, Lamego, Régua and Pinhão, the heart of the Alto Douro. Along the way you’ll enjoy lunch and learn about the Douro’s wine programs, people and culinary heritage.
- Explore one of Portugal’s most captivating regions
- Learn about the Douro’s culinary and wine traditions
- Enjoy a satiating local lunch
- Visit charming towns, like Amarante, Lamego, Régua and Pinhão
Saved to wishlist!
São Leonardo de Galafura viewpoint: unique views to the Unesco World Heritage landscape (2001)
Drive through national street N222: considered once the most beautiful and best of the world and links Peso da Régua to Alijó along the river Douro with the nature and the colours of a majestic landscape
Porto or Gaia city Hotel pickup and drop-off (when hotel pick up option is selected)
Panoramic Douro River Cruise on a Traditional Rebelo Boat from Pinhão
Renown Wine estate guided visit with tasting of 3 wines
Hotel Pick up and drop off not included for TOUR ONLY option
Departure & Return
R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352 354, 4050-418 Porto, Portugal
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions)
- Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
- Tour runs in small groups between 8 and 27 people
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- Pick up: Free of charge in central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels for the option with pick up and drop off included. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Living Tours Viagens e Turismo Lda
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Douro Valley Historical Tour with Lunch, Winery Visit with Tastings and Panoramic Cruise?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Douro Valley Historical Tour with Lunch, Winery Visit with Tastings and Panoramic Cruise?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Douro Valley Historical Tour with Lunch, Winery Visit with Tastings and Panoramic Cruise?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Douro Valley Historical Tour with Lunch, Winery Visit with Tastings and Panoramic Cruise?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Almost another hour to climb to a panoramic view point for about 40 mins and then back to Porto - total 9 hour day trip." See review
- "It is a very complete tour to the region, a very nice way to subtract the essence of this fascinating place." See review
- "Well worth the trip to see the Valley and some wonderful scenery." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursDining ExperiencesWine TastingsSailingHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPortoFood Tours - Northern PortugalBus Tours - Northern PortugalDining Experiences - Northern PortugalWine Tastings - Northern PortugalSailing - Northern PortugalHistorical Tours - Northern PortugalFull-day Tours - Northern PortugalFood Tours - BragaBus Tours - BragaDining Experiences - BragaWine Tastings - BragaSailing - BragaHistorical Tours - BragaFull-day Tours - BragaFood Tours - Peso Da ReguaBus Tours - Peso Da ReguaDining Experiences - Peso Da ReguaWine Tastings - Peso Da ReguaSailing - Peso Da ReguaHistorical Tours - Peso Da ReguaFull-day Tours - Peso Da ReguaCategory