Explore our promoted experiences
- Northern Portugal day trip from Porto to Guimarães and Braga
- See Guimarães' UNESCO World Heritage-listed historical center and the Dukes of Braganza Palace
- Sample local delicacies during lunch in Guimarães (included)
- Tour the Bom Jesus sanctuary in Tenões
- Drive through Braga's historic center, the oldest Christian city in Portugal and one of the oldest in the world
- Walk around Braga's city center with your local guide
Departure & Return
Our Tourism office is located on the top of Rua Mouzinho da Silveira door number 352-354, near São Bento Train Station.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Savor a delicious two-course lunch of fish or meat at an authentic Portuguese restaurant. Then, it’s onward to Braga, a city founded by the Romans. Today Braga is known as the City of Archbishops due to its multitude of religious monuments. When you reach Sameiro Sanctuary, listen to your guide illuminate its history as you gaze upon the church of Our Lady of Sameiro. Visit the Bom Jesus do Monte sanctuary in Tenões and walk up a monumental stairway to reach the pilgrimage church with panoramic views of Braga at the top.
Save some time to explore Braga’s historic downtown core, where Portugal’s oldest Christian city began. Admire the Baroque fountains, ruins, and buildings and monuments that pay tribute to Jesus Christ. Then continue back to Porto where you tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- There is no bathroom on board the bus
- Dress code is smart casual
- The tours may be changed without prior notice
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum passenger required to run - 2 persons
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cityrama
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Guimaraes is Cute but small, a walk thru is good but free time is really unneeded." See review