Explore our promoted experiences
- Porto food tour led by an expert local guide
- Learn about the history of Portuguese cuisine on a walk around town
- Sample traditional Portuguese dishes like codfish cakes and custard tarts
- Stroll through some of Porto’s best-looking neighborhoods like the historic Riberia district
- Visit generations-old taverns and traditional cafes
Departure & Return
C'alma Specialty Coffee Room, R. de Passos Manuel 44.
This tour could end at different places depending on the last tasting place.
What To Expect
Wander along quaint roads to a shop that’s sold smoked meat and cheese for more than a century. Learn about the shop, and then try one of its classics: a hearty pork sandwich known as a bifana. Wash down the treat with a beer, and then continue your tour to Leandro Café.
One of the oldest taverns in Porto, Leandro Café sells the signature dish of bolinhos e punheta de bacalhau, a Portuguese cod fishcake. Enjoy a sample of liquor alongside the fish and learn about the dish from your guide.
Finally, it’s time for a sample of Port at a locally loved wine bar, which boasts more than 200 wines on its wine list. From there, continue to a generations-old tavern to enjoy some of the finest tapas in town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved. We recommend comfortable shoes.
- Minimum numbers of 2 people apply for the public tour. The places visited for the tastings may vary according to the group size on the day of the tour.
- Dietary Requirements & Allergies: This tour is vegetarian friendly, but please note substitutions are not available for every dish. You must notify us of any dietary requirements prior to your tour date, same-day requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Alcohol Policy: Legal drinking age in Portugal is 18.
- This is a child friendly tour. Children ages 1-3 years are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Children from 4-14 years are permitted on this tour at half price listed above. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child with you.
- All customers with reservation must check in 15min prior to the tour start.
- This tour operates in the rain or any other wather condition, so please check the weather conditions and dress accordantly. The company provides ponchos.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bluedragon
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Also, it's not a hard trek at all, not a huge amount of walking." See review
- "A nice way to fill a few hours and try some food and drink with the help of a local person." See review
- "Rain or shine (and we had rain), this is a perfect way to learn and experience a new culture through its food/drink." See review