- Half-day Port wine tasting tour in Porto
- Visit Port houses, including cellars and an interactive visitor center
- Taste different types of Port and learn how to distinguish them
- Learn about the history and production of Port in the Douro Valley
Departure & Return
Address: Rua da Ribeira Negra, 4050-321 Porto, Portugal, 41.140890, -8.609970 By the pillars of the old Pensil bridge, next to the D. Luis Bridge (lower level), on Porto's side. Look for the guide with a red jacket/t-shirt saying "Porto Walkers".
What To Expect
Upon arrival at Vila Nova de Gaia, one of the most prestigious Port producers in the world, get a guided tour of the museum and the cellar. Follow the tour up with a guided tasting of Reserve White and Reserve Tawny Ports. Learn about the difference between Port wine families and what makes Port so different from other wines.
Next, visit an old cellar that has been transformed into an interactive visiting center. Learn about the barrels where Port wine is stored and how the cork is produced. Taste a young Ruby Port.
Continue to an interactive Port wine interpretation center, dedicated to teaching visitors about the Douro Valley, the oldest wine region in the world. Participate in an exclusive wine tasting workshop featuring different wines; you also learn how best to pair Port with food. End your tour with scenic views over Porto from the center's terrace.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- MEETING POINT: By the pillars of the old Pensil bridge, next to the D. Luis Bridge (lower level), on Porto's side.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Porto Walkers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Its nice way of spending late afternoon in Porto regardless of the weather (there is very little walking)." See review
- "Very good and educational tour for people interested to know the history and specifics of port vine." See review
- "If you like wine I highly recommend this tour when you’re in Porto." See review