- Private 8-hour tour from Pune with bird watching in Bhigwan and Bhuleshwar Temple visit
- Observe wild flamingos and other bird life at the bird sanctuary near Bhigwan
- Learn about the Hindu god Shiva while visiting Bhuleshwar Temple
- Choose from a group size of one to four, five to 12, or 12 to 15
- Customize the itinerary to suit your interests
- Pickup and drop-off at Pune hotels or airport included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please provide hotel details while booking.
What To Expect
Relax in your private air-conditioned vehicle during the 2-hour drive to Bhigwan, a village located about 60 miles (110 km) from Pune. During the winter, migratory birds flock to the Yashwant Sagar reservoir, which forms the backwaters of the Ujain Dam near Bhigwan.
While birdwatching, you might see hundreds of flamingos, ruddy shelducks, black drongo, storks, Eurasian spoonbill, pratincole, red-naped ibis, spotted owlets, and more.
On the way back to Pune, stop halfway to visit Bhuleshwar Temple, a famous 13th-century hilltop temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. See intricate carvings along the walls that describe the feats of Lord Shiva.
Along the way, you can ask your guide to stop if you want to purchase meals, souvenirs, or any other goods. At the end of eight hours, your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress modestly and ensure you have adequate sun protection and drinking water
- This is a great tour for those interested in photography
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Tours India
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized