10 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Santo Domingo, the oldest city in the Americas and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a personalized day trip from Punta Cana. Wander the cobblestone streets of the historic Colonial Zone and visit Three Eyes National Park, the Columbus Lighthouse, and the National Presidential Palace, traveling between attractions with ease in an air-conditioned coach. Plus, lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Explore Santo Domingo’s highlights on a day trip from Punta Cana
- Travel between attractions with ease in an air-conditioned coach
- Don’t worry about entrance fees—they’re included in the price of your tour
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your hotel in Punta Cana included
Saved to wishlist!
Round trip transportation
Entrance fee to all visited sites
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick available from any hotel in the Punta Cana area. For customers staying in condos or private apartments we will arrange a pick up point close distance to their location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend this excursion if you’re interested in learning about DR and the history of the Americas. It’s a cultural tour so if you are interested in history and colonial architecture, this is a must see.
- Punta Cana is not close distance from the capital. The drive to Santo Domingo is about 2.5 hours each way.
- To enter the cathedral women and men must be covered to the elbows and knees. In other words, shoulders and upper thighs should be covered. In case they have shawls at the entrance to cover you with.
- This tour involves walking and climbing so wear comfortable shoes and make sure you’re in good physical conditions.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bring Camera, Sunscreen, Hat, Cash for tips and souvenirs
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY LPC Tours by IRB Turismo
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 53031P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPunta CanaBus Tours - La RomanaCity Tours - La RomanaWalking Tours - La RomanaBus Tours - SamanáCity Tours - SamanáWalking Tours - SamanáBus Tours - Santo DomingoCity Tours - Santo DomingoWalking Tours - Santo DomingoCategory
Juanillo Beach (Playa Juanillo)Cocotal Golf and Country ClubImagine Punta CanaIndigenous Eyes Ecological Park and Reserve (Parque Ojos Indigenas)Hoyo Azul LagoonCasa Ponce de LeónCorales Golf CourseLa Cana Golf CourseImagine Punta Cana DiscoFun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun)Coco Bongo Punta CanaManati Park