Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Oman Musandam mountain trip from Ras Al Khaimah
- Venture into the mountains of Oman’s Musandam Peninsula by 4x4
- Travel off road through the dry canyon of Wadi Khabb Shamsi
- Marvel at the steep gorge and spectacular surrounding peaks
- Enjoy the cool shade and breezes, stop for photos, and watch for birds and wildlife
- Includes traditional Omani lunch, plus unlimited sodas and water
- Transport by private air-conditioned 4x4, private driver-guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Then, drink in the views as you journey through the UAE desert and craggy Hajar Mountains toward Oman’s Musandam Peninsula. Take in the rows of jagged peaks and cross the border into Oman on route to the port of Dibba, situated on a stunning wide bay on the Gulf of Oman.
Admire the views of this vast, mountain-framed bay and then head inland into the Jebel Harim mountains, a range of rocky peaks and canyons that few visitors ever get to explore.
Drive into Wadi Khab Shamsi, one of range’s many steep-cliffed canyons, and set off along the dusty trail through the deep gorge. Along the way, make photo stops to capture the scenery on camera, and savor the cool breezes and shade from the cliffs. Temperatures here are, on average, 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius) cooler than in the open, so the canyon offers a refreshing escape from the heat.
Look for the birds and wildlife that come here to rest away from the sun, and learn about the region’s geography and natural history from your guide. Unlimited sodas and mineral water are on hand for you during your trip.
Trace the snaking gorge up to nearly 3,937 feet (1,200 meters), and after leaving the wadi, travel on to a local restaurant. Refuel with a meal of traditional Omani dishes and afterward, relax on your journey back to Ras Al Khaimah, where a hotel drop-off brings your trip to a close.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This is a private tour by 4WD
- Maximum numbers apply: 4 persons maximum per 4WD
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Dress code is Casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of a full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Musandam Travel Tourism LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.