2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Surrounded by frozen glaciers, lava fields, and surging waterfalls, Jökulsárlón attracts travelers keen to experience the best of Iceland’s natural landscapes—but exploring without a guide can be dangerous. During this overnight tour, delve into the Icelandic wilderness from your Reykjavik hotel—with important logistics including accommodation, breakfast, and safety equipment included. Discover natural attractions including Skógafoss waterfall, hike the Solheimajokull glacier, and spot wild seals in the Jökulsárlón lagoon.
- Explore Iceland’s wild south coast on an adventurous overnight tour
- Avoid the hassle of organizing accommodation and safety equipment separately
- Visit top attractions including Skógafoss waterfall and Jökulsárlón lagoon
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your Reykjavik accommodation
Saved to wishlist!
Pick-up and drop-off
Accommodation for 1 night in a double or a twin room (standard of accommodation is to be selected)
Guided blue ice hiking tour (Necessary safety equipment for the glacier hiking is supplied free of charge)
Boat tour on the glacier lagoon
Free Wi-Fi & USB chargers on the bus
Lunch and Dinner - we make scheduled stops so that guests can buy lunch and dinner during the tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that Nicetravel offers free pickup and drop off from hotels within Reykjavik. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik centre, your pick up may be from the nearest bus stop. After receiving your pickup information, we will notify you of your exact pick up location.
If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at Nicetravel office in Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify Nicetravel directly if you intend to use this option and be there before 08:20.
Pickup takes place between 08:30 - 09:00, so please be ready from 8:30 at your pickup location and look out for a bus with red NICE Travel logos.
- Reykjavik Skarfabakki cruise port
- Reykjavik Midbakki cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- Warm, wind & waterproof clothes
- Good hiking shoes are necessary for the Glacier Hike. If you do not have appropriate footwear then we offer these for rent.
- Good to know:
- This tour typically returns to Reykjavik on Day 2 around 09:30pm
- Only small carry on luggage such as backpacks are possible.
- Please check with your hotel if they can store your luggage during the tour
- if you are staying again at the same hotel after the tour.
- Otherwise you can use luggage lockers that are located in the center Reykjavík.
- Here is a link to their website where you can find all details. http://www.luggagelockers.is/
- We can also offer you to store your luggage for free at NiceTravel office, located in Fiskislóð 45, Space M.
- To avoid any delays on departure luggage must be in storage before pick up time.
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicetravel ehf
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 2 Day Tour to Jokulsarlon with Glacier Hike - Boat Tour - South Coast Waterfalls?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during 2 Day Tour to Jokulsarlon with Glacier Hike - Boat Tour - South Coast Waterfalls?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 2 Day Tour to Jokulsarlon with Glacier Hike - Boat Tour - South Coast Waterfalls?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
2 Day Tour to Jokulsarlon with Glacier Hike - Boat Tour - South Coast Waterfalls
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursOvernight ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursWinter SportsPorts of Call ToursSailingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikBus Tours - VikOvernight Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikMulti-day Tours - VikWinter Sports - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikSailing - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellOvernight Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellMulti-day Tours - SkaftafellWinter Sports - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellSailing - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandOvernight Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandMulti-day Tours - South IcelandWinter Sports - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandSailing - South IcelandCategory
Snaefellsjokull National ParkHveragerdiHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)SeljalandsfossMt. EsjaSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Reykjanes PeninsulaSilfra FissureAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)Volcano HouseVatnajokull National ParkSkaftafell National ParkFimmvörðuháls VolcanoReykjavík Art Museum HafnarhúsFaxaflói BayHafnarfjordurViking WorldBessastadirWhales of IcelandHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)