10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get up close to an erupting volcano and witness its raw power on this full-day tour from Reykjavik. Hike across the lava fields in the Geldingadalir Valley, until you find the spewing cone of Fagradalsfjall, with your guide taking you as close as possible to the flowing lava. Then, take a driving tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula to see other landmarks like the Bridge Between Continents.
- Upgrade your tour to include entrance to the Blue Lagoon
- A small group means more attention from your guide
- Stay connected between stops with onboard Wi-Fi
- Learn about Iceland’s geology while you explore
Saved to wishlist!
Professional English-speaking driver/guide (guide will be with the group during all stops)
Transport for the whole tour in a minibus
Free Wi-Fi on board & USB chargers
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Guided Active Volcano Hike
Comfort Blue Lagoon Admission SPA (if option "Tour with Blue Lagoon admission" is chosen)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up starts at 8:30 and usually takes around 30 minutes. If hotel is located in the area closed for the commercial traffic guest will be notified about the designated meeting point within 24 hours after booking is made
- Skarfabakki Harbour, 544P+F35, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicetravel ehf
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Geldingadalir Eruption and Reykjanes Full-Day Volcanic Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Geldingadalir Eruption and Reykjanes Full-Day Volcanic Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Geldingadalir Eruption and Reykjanes Full-Day Volcanic Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Geldingadalir Eruption and Reykjanes Full-Day Volcanic Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The weather at the top of the mountain was FRIGID but the view of the eruption was 100% worth it." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Geldingadalir Eruption and Reykjanes Full-Day Volcanic Tour
8 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikBus Tours - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikFull-day Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Thingvellir National ParkSaga MuseumViking WorldNational Museum of IcelandHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)SkógafossFimmvörðuháls VolcanoÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)HveragerdiEyjafjallajökull VolcanoImagine Peace TowerReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverVolcano HouseThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Silfra FissureHofdi HouseLangjökullReykjanes PeninsulaSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)