- Day trip including the Golden Circle Tour, exploring in a super truck, and snowmobiling adventure
- Visit Golden Circle highlights such as Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and the Strokkur geyser
- Ride a super truck over the rugged tundra
- Snowmobile across glacial ice and snow fields
- Round-trip transportation from your Reykjavik accommodations
- Bus equipped with GPS-enabled tablets featuring travel information in 10 languages
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
The UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park is the first stop. There, learn about the Althing, one of the world's oldest parliaments. The park is also home to the location where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates have been dramatically pulled apart; the rift makes great photos.
Continue to Geysir geothermal area, where you visit the very active Strokkur geyser. Take a walk around the Gullfoss Waterfall, where runoff from the Hvítá glacial river drops over two levels into a canyon.
To keep exploring the rugged terrain of the central highlands, hop aboard a custom super-truck bound for the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier. There, transfer to a snowmobile to ride across the snow and ice fields of the white wilderness.
After a day of adventure, relax onboard the bus as you're whisked back to Reykjavik and dropped off in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is six years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note, you must hold a valid drivers license to drive a snowmobile
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Sightseeing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You get the full gear but you will need hand warmers to place in your gloves (provided, but too thin to have any use) or use your own." See review
- "Start the morning 07:30am a walk through the tectonic plates followed by the geysers and fulfils waterfalls, a day full of interesting sights." See review
- "They just need to add a few 3x suits mind you this is from someone who is 6'5" tall and not small." See review