- Travel through UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park by minibus
- Snorkel in the area above the North American and European tectonic plates
- Visit the geothermic valley of Haukadalur to see several geysers (hot springs)
- Stop for photos at Gulfoss waterfall before returning to Reykjavik
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Stop first at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Thingvellir National Park, notable as the site of the world’s longest-running parliament and the point where the tectonic plates of Europe and North America meet.
Stretch your legs with a stroll, then drive to Lake Thingvallavatn. Head to the snorkel center, where you’ll get changed and pick up your equipment. Then, following a safety briefing, enter the crystalline waters with the guide.
Drift between the two continents and marvel at the neon-green seaweed and other underwater sights. The fissure’s visibility is renowned, and you can even see down to the lava fields, some 328 feet (100 meters) below.
Back on dry land, warm up with hot chocolate and sit down to lunch (own expense). Then, depart for Haukadalur, a geothermal valley studded with geysers and hot springs. Make a photo stop at Geysir, one of the area’s most famous highlights, before stopping at nearby Gulfoss.
Your tour then concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a small group adventure tour offering a more personalized experience.
- It is recommended that you bring warm clothing with you, such as woolen socks, a warm coat or thermal underwear to wear under your dry suit. A teddy bear suit will be provided for you to wear, but extra layers are recommended.
- As this is a full day tour it is highly recommended that you bring packed lunch with you. Stops where you can purchase lunch will also be made.
- It is advisable to bring a change of clothing with you in the event that your clothing gets wet during the snorkeling
- Minimum age: 12 years old, minimum weight 45kg and minimum high 150 cm
- All participants need to be able to swim in order to participate in the snorkeling part of this adventure tour
- Please note that pregnant women can unfortunately not participate in the snorkeling part of this combo tour
- It is required to read the snorkeling handbook prior to joining the tour. The handbook will be available upon booking.
- The operator reserves the right to alter the itinerary if needed with your safety and overall enjoyment of the tour in mind.
- This is a small group adventure ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Photos from the snorkeling tour can be bought after the tour for a small fee. The operator will send a link to the photos to customers who purchased this option.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.