11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Combine the highlights of Iceland's south coast with a horseback riding adventure on this combination tour from Reykjavik. The first part of your tour takes you to sites including Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall, and Geysir geothermal area. Afterward, you embark upon a scenic ride through the Icelandic countryside on a unique Icelandic horse, which lets you experience their special tölt gait. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Combine sightseeing around the Golden Circle with a countryside ride on an Icelandic horse
- Includes hassle-free Reykjavik hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel aboard a comfortable bus with free Wi-Fi: Upload and share photos throughout the day
- Deepen your understanding of the sites you visit via the audio guide
Saved to wishlist!
In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
English-speaking local guide
Free WiFi on board
USB charging port in every seat
All necessary equipment for the horseback riding
Food and drinks
Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
Departure & Return
Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress according to weather: In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- It is recommended that you bring your own headphones for the on board audio guide simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones or forgot to bring them, earphones are available to purchase on board (own expense)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Because of traffic limitations, customers staying in postcode 101 might have to make their way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier
- Please note: pickup is not available from Airbnb or private housing. Please contact the operator for information information on the nearest pick up location to your accommodation
- Audio-guide languages available: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Sightseeing
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Golden Circle & Horseback Riding?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Golden Circle & Horseback Riding?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Golden Circle & Horseback Riding?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Golden Circle & Horseback Riding?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsHorseback RidingNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikHorseback Riding - VikNature and Wildlife - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellHorseback Riding - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandHorseback Riding - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandCategory
Videy IslandSeljalandsfossHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Imagine Peace TowerMt. EsjaReykjanes PeninsulaNational Museum of IcelandReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverSkarfabakki Cruise TerminalNational Gallery of IcelandHofdi HouseHveragerdiFaxaflói BayVatnajokull National ParkSkaftafell National ParkThe Pearl (Perlan)Eyjafjallajökull VolcanoSaga MuseumLaugardalurThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)