- Ice caving tour on Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier
- Let a guide lead you across the ice cap and into an ice cave
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
You can find local supplier's car with name and logo on it, in the parking lot by the shop (only one shop) GPS: Latitude: 64.045711 | Longitude: -16.182454
What To Expect
This small-group hike takes roughly an hour with an approximate 524 feet (160 meters) of elevation gain. Along the way, hear informative commentary on the glacier’s geological history and its development during the last century.
Once inside the ice cave you’ll have 30 to 40 minutes to spend, so don’t forget your camera! Afterward, you're driven back to Hólmur.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to the popularity of the ice caves, you can expect groups from other companies inside the cave at the same time as our groups. Be sure to look at your email and phone the day before the tour. There can always be last minutes change due to weather or other uncontrollable conditions. If the Ice cave is not accessible due to some reasons, we always offer alternatives, refunding price difference between activities. Please be advised that this tour starts from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Glacier Trips
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.