- Snowmobile tour on Langjökull glacier
- Zoom across the west side of the glacier to a man-made ice cave
- Explore the ice cave to learn more about the glacier's formation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik
- Transport on a comfortable coach equipped with an audio guide available in 10 languages
- All equipment provided
Departure & Return
The tour will start from Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavik. Please be there at least 15 minutes before your chosen departure time.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Arrive at Jaki, the departure point for your snowmobile adventure. Step into thermal suits and don the necessary safety equipment. Listen to an important safety briefing and get instructions on how to operate the snowmobile.
Dash across the west side of Langjökull, Iceland's second-largest glacier, surrounded by fields of snow and ice as far as you can see. Marvel at the otherworldly scenery as you zoom around on your snowmobile.
Descend into the man-made ice cave that occupies a space deep within the glacier. Get views of the pristine blue glacier ice and learn how the chambers were carved by geophysicists and engineers. By viewing the layers of ice, get insight into how the glacier was formed.
Break for lunch in Husafell (own expense) and then you have the option to visit the beautiful Hraunfossar waterfalls before boarding the bus for the trip back to your Reykjavik hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- This is a tandem ride and the rates are base per person for 2 passengers per snowmobile.
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Sightseeing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms