10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Home to icy caves, mighty glaciers, and lava waterfalls, Iceland’s west coast is a landscape of extraordinary natural beauty—but reaching the remote sites on your own is a challenge. On this tour, spin through the rugged wilderness by powerful super-Jeep with your guide. Reach top attractions including Barnafoss waterfall, Húsafell, and the Langjökull glacier, and see the best of western Iceland with ease.
- Explore Iceland’s west coast by powerful 4x4 vehicle
- Hit top attractions including Húsafell and the Langjökull glacier
- Ice-cave entry fees are included on your tour
- Hassle-free round-trip travel from your Reykjavik hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Entrance fee to Krauma spa.
Entrance fee Ice cave
Departure & Return
Departure PointReykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Where do you want to start from ?
- Keflavik Intl Airport, 235 Keflavikurflugvollur Iceland
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A scenic mid-day drive from Reykjavík to the west coast through Hvalfjörður (the Whalefjord) tunnel past Borgarnes to the Hraunfossar and Barnafoss lava waterfalls.
- Hraunfossar and Barnafossar are unique waterfalls, famous for their beauty.
- From there the journey lies through Húsafell, which is a beautiful nature spot situated in shelter from the mountains and the glacier. From there we are headed towards the Cold Valley mountain road and up on to the massive Langjökull glacier, this is where our specially outfitted Super Truck´s come handy.
- Next up are man-made Ice Caves (Into the Glacier.is) dug Into Iceland's second largest glacier.
- After the ice cave we return back through Húsafell and the beautiful country site to krauma.is. Krauma is a spa and a restaurant where you can relax in the hot geothermal water that comes from the nearby hot spring Deildartunguhver.
- Deildartunguhver is the most powerful hot spring in the world and pumps up 180 liters per second.
- After you have been relaxing and been unstressed in the spa you can enjoy the fine food from the restaurant in Krauma (food and drinks are not included in the price)
- After the Krauma experiences we drive to Reykjavík but the driver-guide vill be on a look out for Northern lights if there are any activity.
- Included in the price: Fully guided Super Jeep tour, Into the glacier entrance fee, Northern light hunt on the way back, during winter.
- Krauma spa entrance fee,
- 9-10 hrs (possible longer if the Northern Lights are blazing)
- Pickup at 12.00
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mountain Taxi
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Ice Cave, Krauma Spa & Northern Light Hunt / Midnight Sun / guided private tour
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingReykjavik4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikBus Tours - VikExtreme - VikFull-day Tours - Vik4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellBus Tours - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - Skaftafell4WD Tours - South IcelandSporting Events - South IcelandBus Tours - South IcelandExtreme - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Thor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)Whales of IcelandSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Skogar MuseumVidey IslandSun Voyager (Solfar)LaugardalurHofdi HouseStrokkurHafnarfjordurHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Mt. EsjaVolcano HouseHveragerdiThe Pearl (Perlan)Fimmvörðuháls VolcanoÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Thingvellir National ParkNational Gallery of Iceland