12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the breadth of Iceland’s volcanic scenery on a full-day bus tour to Snaefellsnes from Reykjavik. Travel to this west-coast peninsula as you learn how it provided the backdrop for Jules Verne’s novel ‘A Journey to the Centre of the Earth.’ Admire beauty spots like cone-shaped Kirkjufell mountain, Djupalnssandur black beach, and the glacier of Snaefellsjökull; see a seal colony, and call at the villages of Grundarfjordur, Arnarstapi, and Hellnar. Home-made fish soup included.
- Full-day Reykjavik to Snaefellsnes Peninsula tour
- Soak in the lava landscapes of Snaefellsnes, the setting of ‘A Journey to the Centre of the Earth’
- View the black lava beach of Djupalnssandur and conical Kirkjufell mountain
- See the Snaefellsjökull glacier and seal colony at Ytri Tunga
- Visit the villages of Grundarfjordur, Arnarstapi, and Hellnar
- Lunch of fish soup made with local catch of the day
- Air-conditioned bus transport, including pickup and drop-off from most hotels in Reykjavik
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels and guesthouses as well as official bus stops in central Reykjavik
Transportation by air-conditioned bus
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Our pickup can take up to 30 minutes so please wait at your pickup location from the time written on your ticket.
More locations we do offer pickup service from:
- Subway at the former Oddsson Ho(s)tel, Hringbraut 119
- Burgerjoint (Hamborgarabullan), Geirsgata 1
- Gamli Gardur, Hringbraut 29
- BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmyrarvegur 10 (front / taxi side)
Many accommodations in central Reykjavik are redirected to official "Tour Bus Stops" from which we also offer pickup:
- Tour Bus Stop 1, Ráðhúsið - City Hall, Vonarstraeti (64.146316,-21.941491)
- Tour Bus Stop 2, Tjörnin - The Pond, Maedragardur on Laekjargata (64.145763,-21.938547)
- Tour Bus Stop 3, Lækjargata, Laekjargata 4 (64.14678,-21.937296)
- Tour Bus Stop 5, Harpa, Austurbakki 2 (64.14678,-21.937296)
- Tour Bus Stop 6, Safnahúsið - The Culture House, Hverfisgata 15 by Arnarholl (64.147454,-21.932894)
- Tour Bus Stop 7, Traðarkot, Hverfisgata 20 (64.146706,-21.930425)
- Tour Bus Stop 8, Hallgrímskirkja, by Eiriksgata (64.141548,-21.927973)
- Tour Bus Stop 9, Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24 (64.143497,-21.916289)
- Tour Bus Stop 10, Hlemmur, Laugavegur 105 (64.143155,-21.915414)
- Tour Bus Stop 11, Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37 (64.142364,-21.917228)
- Tour Bus Stop 12, Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 6 (64.144389,-21.910327)
- Tour Bus Stop 13, Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120 (64.142658,-21.913866)
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavik
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bustravel Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Small-Group Snaefellsnes Peninsula Premium Day Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Small-Group Snaefellsnes Peninsula Premium Day Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Small-Group Snaefellsnes Peninsula Premium Day Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Small-Group Snaefellsnes Peninsula Premium Day Tour from Reykjavik?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Small-Group Snaefellsnes Peninsula Premium Day Tour from Reykjavik
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingReykjavikBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikFull-day Tours - VikBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandFull-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Hofdi HouseStrokkurÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)LaugardalurFaxaflói BayViking WorldReykjavík Art Museum HafnarhúsHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Whales of IcelandSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)SeljalandsfossMt. EsjaHveragerdiSnaefellsjokull National ParkVolcano HouseFimmvörðuháls VolcanoThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Sun Voyager (Solfar)Vatnajokull National ParkAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)