- Langjökull glacier snowmobile and hot springs tour
- Travel through Iceland’s rugged landscapes by super truck
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, plus ice cave admission included
- Small group of 10 people or fewer
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Several Bus Stops in downtown Reykjavík. For further information see www.busstop.is or contact us through email.
- Skarfabakki Harbour, 544P+F35, Reykjavík, Iceland
What To Expect
Then, settle inside your super truck, whose large tires are designed to negotiate challenging terrain. Relax in your spacious seat and enjoy the onboard Wi-Fi and views as you set off into Iceland’s lava-sculpted countryside.
Along the way, listen as your driver-guide shares facts about the country’s volcanic geology, including background on the Langjökull glacier. Drive through the Geysir hot springs area, seeing the mud pools and water spouts from your window, and on arrival at Langjökull, don your provided thermal coverall, hat, gloves, and helmet.
Once you’re ready, hop on your 2-person snowmobile, and after driving and riding instructions, set off on your expedition. Follow your guide vehicle across the spectacular glacial landscapes, admiring the vast ice expanses around you.
Pick up speed as your confidence builds, and midway through, make a quick stop to take photos of the glacial wonderland and swap driving or passenger positions with the second person on your snowmobile.
After your ride, reboard your truck and head to one of southern Iceland’s most popular restaurants for lunch. Savor the Icelandic dishes, which vary from season to season, but which are always delicious and energy-boosting.
Next, head for the village of Flúðir and visit the Secret Lagoon (own expense), a natural thermal spring surrounded by otherworldly scenery. Change into your bathing suit and grab your included, and relax with a restorative soak in the warm, steam-clouded waters.
Finally, return to Reykjavik by super truck, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for children under 6 years old
- Children over 6 must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately (we recommend warm layers, waterproof gear, hat and gloves)
- Good walking boots or shoes are recommended
- Please remember to bring a bathing suit for the Secret Lagoon visit (alternatively you can rent one at own expense)
- Please note the price is per person and there are 2 passengers per snowmobile
- You must have a valid drivers license to drive a snowmobile
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Skalpi ehf Mountaineers of Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Snowmobiling on Langjökull Glacier, Ice Cave and Bathing in the Secret Lagoon.
- "Although I enjoyed the tour I think if the weather is bad its not worth the money as you miss out completely on the point of the tour!" See review
- "What an amazing experience from pick up at our hotel to drop off." See review
- "Not much explaining in this tour so i would recommend reading up on places before going to this tour." See review