- Visit the magical Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls on a small-group tour
- Stroll along the black sand beach of Reynisfjara beach and see its basalt rock stacks
- Explore the 700 year old Solheimajokull glacier and admire its formation during a short glacier walk
- Spot Eyjafjalljokull and Hekla volcanoes (weather depending) as well as the Westman Islands across the ocean
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that we only serve the pick-up locations specified in our pick-up list below. Due to traffic restrictions, we are not allowed to pick up from hotels in the city center nor from private Air BnBs. If your pick-up location is not on our pick-up list then we kindly ask you to find the closest pick-up point to your accommodation from our list:
22 Hill Hótel – Brautarholt 22-24.
Arctic Comfort Hótel – Síðumúli 19.
BSÍ Bus Terminal – Vatnsmýrarvegi 10.
Bus Hostel Reykjavík – Skógarhlíð 10.
Bus pick up/drop off nr.1 – City Hall, Vonarstræti
Bus pick up/drop off nr.2 – Tjörnin (The Pond)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.3 – Lækjargata (outside Hard Rock Café)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.4 – Miðbakki
Bus pick up/drop off nr.5 – Harpa Music Hall
Bus pick up/drop off nr.6 – Safnahúsið (The Culture House)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.8 – Hallgrímskirkja Church
Bus pick up/drop off nr.9 – Snorrabraut
Bus pick up/drop off nr.10 – Hlemmur on Laugavegur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.12 – Höfðatorg
Bus pick up/drop off nr.13 - Rauðarárstígur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.14 – Skúlagata
Oddsson Hotel - Grensásvegur 16a.
Cabin Hótel – Borgartún 32.
Capital Inn – Suðurhlíð 35d.
Eyja Guldsmen Hotel – Brautarholt 10.
Grand Hótel Reykjavík – Sigtún 38.
Grayline – Main bus terminal - Klettagarðar 4.
Hilton Reykjavík Nordica – Suðurlandsbraut 2.
Hótel Ísland – Ármúla 9.
Hotel Ørkin – Brautarholti 29.
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura – við Hlíðarfót, Nauthólsvegur 52.
Kex Hostel – Skúlagata 28.
Klettur Hótel – Mjölnisholt 12-14.
N1 Gas Station – Ártúnshöfði
Radisson Blu Hótel Saga – við Hagatorg.
Reykjavík City Hostel – Sundlaugavegur 34.
Reykjavík Lights Hotel – Suðurlandsbraut 12.
Skarfabakki – Cruise Ship, Reykjavik Harbor, 105 Reykjavik
What To Expect
Remeber to bring some food and drinks with you for lunch, if you wish you can also use one of the stops on the way to buy some snacks at own expense. Your guide will make sure you give you a break to enjoy your lunch around midway through your south shore tour.
Drive through fertile farmlands and typical Icelandic villages and liste to tales of the country‘s rich Viking history and heritage. Stop at the spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall, make sur to snap photos of its rushing waters as they plunge from a former sea cliff. If you wish, you can also take a walk along the path behind the fall to enjoy close up views of the curtain of water.
Catch glimpses of the Eyjafjallajökull and Hekla volcanos (depending on weather), and stop for a short glacier exploration at Solheimajokull glacier. Marvel at this rugged tongue of ice, a raw finger of ancient frozen water characteried by jagged ridges, sinkholes and other ice formations. Lookfor the Westnan Iskabds rusubg steeply off the coast, and travel to the popular black sand beach of Reynisfjara, where black pebbles sit beneath cliffs of pillar-like basalt stacks. Legend has it that the stacks were formed when two mischievous trolls were turned to stone.
Make a stop to see another of Icelnd‘s picture-postcard waterfalls, Skogafoss. Admire the 196 foot (60 meter) cascade before heading back to Reykjavik where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- It is recommended to bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, packed lunch, gloves, hat and good hiking shoes
- Please note that the order of the itinerary can be altered if weather conditions change
- This is a small group tour ensuring a more personalized experience
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by South Coast Highlights & Glacier Hiking Small Group Tour From Reykjavik.