- Guided day trip of Iceland's south coast from Reykjavik
- See waterfalls and the volcanic Vestmannaeyjar Islands.
- Learn about the sights from your guide and touchscreen audio, available in 10 languages
- Free Wifi and USB charger available on board your coach
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Take off along the North Atlantic coast and into the volcanoes and lava fields in Hengill. Arrive in the rolling farmland of the southern coastline, with views of the Hekla Volcano on sunny days. Catch a glimpse of the Eyjafjalljökull Volcano and the glaciers on its slopes, as well as the jagged, volcanic Vestmannaeyjar Islands punctuating the ocean that lies beyond.
Make your initial stop at the Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, a 196-foot (60-meter) cascade, which you can skirt on foot due to its hidden posterior pathway. Continue to the Skógafoss Waterfall; climb a short flight of stairs to the top to see one of the country's best lookout points.
At Sólheimajökull Glacier, break out your camera for fantastic photos of the otherworldly ice fields. Next, walk on the dark landscape of Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach, watching the ocean crash up against the jagged basalt sea stacks and columns.
Return to your original departure point at the end of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Audio-guide available in: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Sightseeing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "this is a full day - 11 hours - tour including hotel pick up." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews