- Faxaflói Bay whale-watching cruise from Reykjavik
- Watch out for harbor porpoises, white-beaked dolphins, minke whales and humpbacks
- Learn about some of Iceland’s most majestic native wildlife from an onboard guide
- Choose between a 3.5-hour whale-watching cruise, or a 2.5-hour high-speed boat version
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please make your way to the Special Tours Ticket Office, located at Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavik.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Step aboard your comfortable boat and pull on a pair of thermal coveralls to protect you from the Icelandic elements. Find a comfortable spot on the deck and settle in for the scenic ride out into Faxaflói Bay. If at any point you get chilly, make your way into the warm indoor viewing area, where hot chocolate, tea, coffee and snacks are available for purchase.
As the boat cruises through the surf, keep your eyes open for white-beaked dolphins, minke whales, humpback whales and harbor porpoises.This company has a 90 percent whale-spotting success rate, so have your camera at the ready. As the boat cruises through the surf, keep your eyes open for white-beaked dolphins, minke whales, humpback whales and harbor porpoises. Keep your camera ready to photograph these magnificent creatures. In the unlikely event that you don't see any wildlife, you'll receive a complimentary ticket for a second whale-watching excursion.
At the conclusion of your eco-adventure, return to shore and board your land vehicle for drop-off back at your hotel (if booked).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- German guidance available on Classic tours from May 1st - September 30th.
- Operates in a variety of weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If cancelled due to unsuitable sailing conditions, you will be give the option of an alternative date or a full refund.
- Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 180 travelers
- OPERATED BY Special Tours Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Whale-Watching Tour from Reykjavik.
- "We can rebook for free for another time since we didn’t see that mdd as n’y animals." See review