- Get unparalleled views of Rome from the city’s top viewpoints
- Zoom effortlessly up and down Rome’s hills much more quickly and with far less effort than on a walking tour
- Hear insightful commentary about the Eternal City from the guide
- Receive undivided attention on this small-group tour that’s limited to just six participants
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
From Piazza Venezia, head towards the Marcellus Theater (the building that looks like the Colosseum). Pass the white, monumental Vittoriano building on your left. When you reach the Marcellus Theater, turn right and go straight ahead to Piazza Mattei. The fountain is in the center of the square, the tour operator's office is on the corner.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you feel confident, zoom off along Rome’s ancient streets behind your guide. Breeze through the Jewish Quarter, a bustling district where Romans and tourists alike flock to sample Roman-Jewish and Middle Eastern cuisine and soak up the festive atmosphere. Then continue to the Temple of Hercules and learn the legend behind the so-called ‘Mouth of Truth’ (Bocca della Verità).
Ascend Aventine Hill to Parco Savello, a former orange grove known locally as Giardino degli Aranci (the Garden of Oranges), for a postcard-perfect view of Rome. After you’ve had your fill, seek out the secret peephole that offers an unrivaled view of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Next, stop for a photo opportunity of Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held, before continuing alongside the Palatine to the mighty Colosseum. Pose in front of the colossal monument, arguably ancient Rome’s most iconic treasure, and then cruise by the Roman Forum, taking in its timeworn buildings and learning about its history.
Continue up Capitoline Hill, one of the original Seven Hills of Rome, to see the square designed by Michelangelo and to visit a beautiful terrace for another panoramic view of the Eternal City.
Make your last stop at the Theatre of Marcellus, once the largest and most important of Rome’s theaters. Your tour then concludes in central Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please note that all participants must be able to climb and descend stairs without assistance
- You must weigh between 40 kilograms (90 pounds) and 110 kilograms (250 pounds)
- The minimum age requirement is 16 years old. Customers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Whoever does not meet these requirements shall not take the tour and will not be refunded
- Most travelers can participate
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Wearing masks is not mandatory as it is an outdoor activity and social distancing is maintained all the time
- If you book audioguides, you may want to bring your personal headphones
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turtle Tour Rome
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome.