1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Capuchin Crypt—monk-bone-laden chapels underneath the Church of Santa Maria della Concezione—is one of Rome’s most macabre attractions. It’s also, it turns out, a great place to see religious art. With this tour, skip the stuffy Vatican and head for a guided visit of the Capuchin museum and church, home to a Caravaggio painting, and then sit for a concert of Gregorian chants and polyphonic sacred music.
- Listen to a concert of sacred music in the bone-laden Capuchin Crypt
- Ideal for travelers who want to see a macabre side of Rome’s religious history
- The tour is limited to 30 people, so you won’t get crowded out in the narrow crypt
- See a Caravaggio painting in the church museum
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Sacred music concert
Presentation in english of the musical programme
The dinner option includes the transportation by taxi to the restaurant " Terrazza Borromini", the CD "Princeps Musicae", the dinner with a set menu
First course: Pasta all'amatriciana or Spaghetti cacio e pepe Second course: Polpettine dello chef or saltimbocca alla romana with sides Dessert: I dolci dello Chef, water and coffee.
Wine is not included in the dinner ( if dinner option is selected)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
CD (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointMuseum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Photos are allowed during the concert without flash, but no video can be taken during the concert
- Phothos are not allowed in the Capuchins Crypt
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Roma Opera Omnia
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Capuchins Crypt Tour and Concert in Rome?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Capuchins Crypt Tour and Concert in Rome?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Capuchins Crypt Tour and Concert in Rome?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Capuchins Crypt Tour and Concert in Rome?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Capuchins Crypt Tour and Concert in Rome
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 20 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesShows, Concerts & SportsRomeAttractions & Museums - Lake BraccianoMuseum Tickets & Passes - Lake BraccianoAttractions & Museums - Lake BolsenaMuseum Tickets & Passes - Lake BolsenaAttractions & Museums - AssisiMuseum Tickets & Passes - AssisiCategory
Theater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello)Campo de' FioriLeonardo da Vinci Museum (Mostra di Leonardo)Villa CelimontanaGolden House of Nero (Domus Aurea)Parco del Colle OppioCinecittà WorldPalatine Hill (Palatino)Antico Caffè GrecoRome Opera House (Teatro dell'Opera di Roma)Herculaneum Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico di Ercolano)Trajan's Market (Mercati di Traiano)Barcaccia Fountain (Fontana della Barcaccia)Arch of Constantine (Arco di Costantino)Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano (Basilica di San Clemente al Laterano)Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere (Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere)Pamphilj Palace (Palazzo Pamphilj)Gladiator MuseumBasilica di Santa PrassedeSt. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro)