- Sightsee in the cooler evening temperatures and see Rome’s top attractions without the busy daytime crowds.
- Walk around the Colosseum’s reconstructed arena floor, in the space where gladiator battles were fought.
- Admire recently discovered graffiti dating back to the late Middle Ages.
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people.
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The tour starts on the platform directly in front of Trajan’s Column: located on Via dei Fori Imperiali near Piazza Venezia. Standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument, it’s directly to the left across the street. The guide will be waiting there wearing a blue polo shirt.
What To Expect
Pass through Via dei Fori Imperiali for a beautiful view of the Roman Forum, which is closed at night. As you admire the ruins bathed in evening light, your guide will point out sites like the Sanctuary of the Vestal Virgins, a temple once home to the most honored women in ancient Rome.
Then make your way down the hill, catching sight of Augustus’ and Caesar’s forums, and arrive at the Colosseum, the most iconic of the Eternal City’s ancient landmarks. Head inside with your guide to explore the near-empty amphitheater, where quiet shadows replace the typical daytime crowds, and listen to stories about the bloody gladiator battles that once took place here. You can walk around the reconstructed floor of the arena, little of which remains of the original surface, and look down between gaps to see the underground chambers.
You will also admire the most recent discovery of graffiti representing people’s names, dates, sacred and profane symbols illustrating stories about people who lived, worked and hung out at Colosseum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guest below 6 years old due to venue security reason.
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a PASSPORT OR VALID ID DOCUMENT IS MANDATORY to join this tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note: Special Underground Access is only available at 7:30pm, 8pm & 9pm on Fridays & Saturdays
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Colosseum Underground by Night: Semi-Private Tour with Arena Floor.