- Ghost and mystery walking tour of Rome
- Explore Italy’s ancient capital under the cover of darkness
- Discover top attractions such as Castel Sant'Angelo, Palazzo Farnese and Ponte Sisto illuminated at night
- Wander down winding alleyways with an expert guide and hear terrifying tales of myth and legend
- Learn of the Corte Savella Prison, where late-Renaissance noblewoman Beatrice Cenci was unfairly put to death in the 16th century
- Take an alternative nocturnal view of Rome's major sites on this entertaining evening tour
Departure & Return
The tour starts from steps of the church San Andrea della Valle located on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, about 150 metres from Largo di Torre Argentina on the left hand side heading towards the Tiber river. The church is located right next to Piazza Vidoni.
Public transport and taxis are easily accessible
What To Expect
Walk along Corso Vittorio to Campo de’ Fiori, an ancient square that has been a lively part of the city since the 1200s. While you soak up the chilling atmosphere of the square after dark, hear about the supernatural activity that has taken place here over the centuries. Then head across Piazza Farnese, passing by Palazzo Farnese, on your way to Ponte Sisto, a 15th-century bridge. Cross the Tiber River, walking toward the Church of Santa Maria dell’Orazione e Morte, and stop at the site of the ancient Corte Savella prison, where Beatrice Cenci, a noblewoman from the late Renaissance era, was sentenced to death for the murder of her father. Was it fair? Hear about her story and her ghost that still calls for justice.
Continue along Via dei Banchi Vecchi and Via del Banco di Santo Spirito to Castel Sant’Angelo, commissioned by Rome’s Emperor Hadrian in 123 AD as a mausoleum. The imposing structure has had many lives, from fortress to pope’s residence to prison, and as such, is shrouded in legends and mysteries.
Your tour ends here, where you are centrally placed to continue your night out in Rome on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Don’t let the name of the tour discourage you if you aren’t into ghost tours!" See review