- Pick up included for centrally located Hotels
- Naples and Pompeii day trip from Rome with an expert guide
- Pass through Santa Lucia and stop for photos in front of Castel dell’Ovo on the seafront
- See top Naples attractions from the comfort of your coach: Piazza del Plebiscito, San Carlo Opera House and Castel Nuovo
- Explore Pompeii’s UNESCO-listed ruins and learn about Mount Vesuvius’ eruption of AD 79
- Stop for shopping at the amazing old factory of coral and cameo at Torre del Greco on the way back
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Meeting point Via Giovanni Amendola 32. 10 minutes before departure.
What To Expect
After three hours on the road, arrive in the Campania capital of Naples, and see its sights from the comfort of your coach. Take in views of the coast as you pass along the road from Mergellina Port to the fishing district of Santa Lucia. Then, stretch your legs with a photo stop by the medieval seaside fort of Castel dell’Ovo.
Work your way into Naples’ historic center for a look at Piazza del Plebiscito and its fine collection of monuments. Hear snippets of history about Naples Royal Palace (aka Palacio Real), the three Bourbon palaces and the Basilica of San Francesco di Paola — a church with attention-grabbing colonnades. Other Naples attractions seen include Castel Nuovo, Galleria Umberto I and Teatro di San Carlo.
Leave the city by coach and travel further south toward Mt Vesuvius. Pass towns such as Ercolano — home to the ancient site of Herculaneum — as well as Torre del Greco and Torre Annunziata. Stop in Pompeii for lunch at a local restaurant, and then visit Pompeii’s UNESCO-listed ruins on a guided tour.
Hear how the city lay buried under a sea of volcanic ash from Mt Vesuvius as you admire the excavations of monuments such as the 5,000-seater Teatro Grande.
Finally, return to your coach and relax on your journey back to Rome. Your tour finishes with a drop-off in Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenline Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms