Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn about Rome’s history and rich food and wine heritage
- Enjoy stops at trattorias, food stalls, and upscale restaurants
- Savor Prosecco, snacks, and Roman-Jewish staples such as 'artichoke alla giudia' (deep-fried artichoke)
- Sample 'pizza al taglio' (pizza by the slice) and top-rated 'gelato' (ice cream)
- Sit down to pasta and wine at a restaurant overlooking the floodlit Pantheon
- Small group with maximum of six participants
Departure & Return
The meeting point is in front of the Turtle Fountain in Piazza Mattei. Your guide will be holding a LivTours sign.
The tour ends near the Pantheon.
What To Expect
Hear about this tradition from your sommelier-guide and begin your stroll to discover the city’s culinary highlights. Venues may vary, but your route includes stops with tastings equivalent to a 4-course dinner.
Start at a welcoming bar, and enjoy a glass of Prosecco and finger food. Then, head into Rome’s former Jewish ghetto, one of the world’s oldest still-lived-in Jewish quarters. Stroll through piazzas and lanes as your guide details Jewish cuisine, and how it provided the foundation of Roman gastronomy.
Visit an eatery to sample the Roman-Jewish staples of artichoke alla giudia (deep-fried artichoke) and fiori di zucca (fried, stuffed zucchini flowers) teamed with more Prosecco.
As the Italian adage ‘l'appetito vien mangiando’ – ‘appetite comes with eating’ goes, feel your hunger build, and then continue into Rome’s historical center.
While you walk and talk, pass some famous landmarks, and hear about their history and connections with Roman food. Learn how Rome’s street food obsession grew during the 1960s and ‘70s, and sample pizza al taglio (pizza by the slice). Savor the authentic flavors, and learn about pinza, Rome’s lighter version of pizza, and the difference between thick and thin pizzas.
Then, head inside one of Rome's most glamorous restaurants, overlooking the 2nd-century Pantheon. Savor homemade pasta with local wine as you admire the floodlit building, and learn about Roman pasta and the significance of your dish.
Next, visit a popular gelateria (ice cream parlor) where the ice cream is made with season-fresh ingredients, and enjoy some of Rome’s most acclaimed gelato.
Your tour then finishes in central Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY LivTours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas