3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the history and architecture of Castel Sant’Angelo during a private half-day tour. Learn about the building’s origins as a tomb and how it has been used as a fortress and papal residency. Explore the castle’s museum and see its collection of art, archaeological finds, and weaponry. Visit the castle’s large terrace for fantastic views over the rooftops of Rome.
- Explore Castel Sant’Angelo with a private guide
- See the landmark’s museum including art and weaponry
- Admire views over Rome from the castle’s terrace
- Hear stories about the building’s history over centuries
Saved to wishlist!
Your Own Private Professional English Speaking Guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is comfortable clothing
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Explore Italy Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Rome Castle Sant'Angelo and its mysteries - Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Rome Castle Sant'Angelo and its mysteries - Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Rome Castle Sant'Angelo and its mysteries - Private Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rome Castle Sant'Angelo and its mysteries - Private Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Rome Castle Sant'Angelo and its mysteries - Private Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingRomeSkip-the-Line Tours - Lake BraccianoAttractions & Museums - Lake BraccianoSkip-the-Line Tours - Lake BolsenaAttractions & Museums - Lake BolsenaSkip-the-Line Tours - AssisiAttractions & Museums - AssisiCategory
Piazza VeneziaBasilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem (Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme)Saint Angelo Bridge Methodist Church (Chiesa Metodista di Ponte Sant'Angelo) Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe)Keats-Shelley HouseBasilica of Saint Mary in Cosmedin (Basilica di Santa Maria in Cosmedin)Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore)Pietro Canonica Museum (Museo Pietro Canonica)Silvano Toti Globe TheatreSant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)House of Augustus (Casa di Augusto)Farnese Palace (Palazzo Farnese)Vittorio Emmanuele II Monument (Vittoriano)Montecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)Capuchin Crypt (Cripta dei Frati Cappuccini)San Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)Piazza della Bocca della VeritàTestaccioEtruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Tiber Island (Isola Tiberina)