6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore the ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii on a day trip from Rome. Skip the hassle of navigating train and bus schedules on your own and enjoy semi-private transportation directly from Rome to Pompeii. You’ll explore the remarkably intact city of Pompeii, nearly perfectly preserved by volcanic ash and lava when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, with an archeologist guide and learn about the history and culture of ancient Rome.
- Tour the ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii on a day trip from Rome
- Learn about the history of Pompeii and the fatal Mt. Vesuvius eruption
- Skip the hassle of navigating to Pompeii from Rome on your own
- Enjoy convenient, round-trip transportation from your Rome hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up / drop off
Small group limited to a maximum of 15 people
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup in Rome from all the accommodation within the Aurelian Walls.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- You are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks
- Please provide your hotel (apartment or Bed and Breakfast) information at the time of booking (name, address, and phone number)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY ROMAETRAVEL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Semi private half day in Pompeii from Rome extraordinary afternoon opening?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Semi private half day in Pompeii from Rome extraordinary afternoon opening?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Semi private half day in Pompeii from Rome extraordinary afternoon opening?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Semi private half day in Pompeii from Rome extraordinary afternoon opening?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The documentation does not make this clear so be prepared." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Semi private half day in Pompeii from Rome extraordinary afternoon opening
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingRomeBus Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Porta MaggioreBasilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura)National Roman Museum (Museo Nazionale Romano)–Palazzo Massimo alle Terme Vittorio Emmanuele II Monument (Vittoriano)Parco del Colle OppioAqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)Triton Fountain (Fontana del Tritone)Rome Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico)BioparcoAntico Caffè GrecoVatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) Quirinale Palace (Palazzo del Quirinale)Column of Marcus Aurelius (Colonna di Marco Aurelio)Rome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere)Herculaneum Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico di Ercolano)Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Mostra di Leonardo)Cinecittà WorldBasilica di Santa Maria in Via LataAppian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)Basilica di Sant'Agostino