- Walking tour of St Peter's Basilica and Square
- Gaze in awe at the impressive dome designed by Michelangelo
- Rub the foot of the statue of St Peter, and see Michelangelo's La Pietà
Departure & Return
The meeting point is under the atrium of Saint Peter's Basilica. There you will have our desk and from that location our tours will start. Visitors temperature will be measured (if a guest has a temperature above 37.5 °C, entry will be denied).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Throughout the centuries, the humble church grew into the ornate icon it is today—the holiest of Roman Catholic sites. With your guide, walk around to see Renaissance art like Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture, as well as his cupolone—St Peter’s famous dome.
Admire mosaic works, see a statue of St Peter, visit the tomb of Pope John Paul II and stare in wonder at Bernini’s baldacchino, the elaborate canopy alter that sits above St Peter’s tomb. Your tour ends inside the basilica, where you may continue exploring independently, if you wish.
Included in your visit you will receive Vox City Guide, an audio-experiences selfguided visit of the city of Rome with audio commentary and stories from local experts. The code to download your VCG will be delivered directly to the Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At the time of booking, you will receive a QR code that will allow you to download the audio guide track. This will allow you to go to the Basilica when and how you want without having to respect fixed times and appointments.
- If you prefer to use a traditional audio guide, you can request it - showing your booking voucher - at the reception desk located in the atrium of the Basilica. The desk hours are Monday to Saturday from 9:00 to 17:30 and from 13:00 to 17:30 on Sundays
- To collect the “physical” audio guide you will be asked for an identity document which will be retained until the return of the device.
- Entrance to the Vatican requires a strict dress code (shoulders and knees must be covered - Low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts are not allowed for both men and women). Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican.
- Please note: Due to religious celebrations, the venue might be not accessible on the day of your tour; it is recommended that you contact the local operator to avoid any inconvenience
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vox Mundi
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms