- This tour offers the best of two worlds with group and private tours
- Skip the line for your group tours at the Colosseum and the Vatican
- Finish the day with a couple hours of sightseeing at your own pace
- Enjoy a stop for lunch at your leisure (food and drinks not included)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The meeting point is in front of the "Oppio Caffe" on Viale delle Terme di Tito on the corner of Via Nicola Salvi. The guide will have a sign with "Tour in the city" on it next to the park entrance. Meeting time 10:45 am
Nearest Metro station: Ottaviano Meeting time 2:45 pm
On the other side respect the Vatican Museum entrance. Meeting time 6:30 pm
After the escorted panoramic sightsseing tour your driver will take you back at your hotel/accommodation in Rome city centre.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- Late arrivals cannot join the group or reschedule, unless paying for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules no refund will be issued in case of late arrival.
- To get inside the museums it used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events, even for pre-booked visitors.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
- To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Forbidden objects inside the musuems: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems
- Not accessible for walker users
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour In Rome by Tour in the City
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience