Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Pompeii and Sorrento day trip from Rome by high-speed train
- Enjoy skip-the-line admission to Pompeii and explore the ancient sites on a guided tour
- Visit the newly opened domus of Pompeii and bask before the beautiful frescoes and mosaics
- Sip a delicious Limoncello at a guided tasting at the most famous shop in Sorrento
- Learn of the city’s history and make the most of free to explore the colorful alleyways of Sorrento
- Groups are limited to 15 people, making sure you receive unparalleled personalized attention
Departure & Return
At Piazza dei Cinquecento, facing the main entrance of the Termini train station, the meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance. Your City Wonders coordinator will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
What To Expect
Your tour takes in the streets around the ancient town as well as the domus of Pompeii—a site to which your group has exclusive access. Learn about Pompeii’s upper-class gentry who lived in these houses as you wander around.
Enjoy a break to shop for keepsakes and perhaps a snack, and then relax on the journey to nearby Sorrento: gateway to the Amalfi Coast. Sip the local limoncello, the popular southern Italian liqueur, and hear tales of Sorrentine culture and history from your guide as you explore artisan shops in the town.
Make the most of some free time for lunch, and then later, at a prearranged time, return to Rome by high-speed train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Water, sunscreen and hat are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Unfortunately, traffic prevented us from having much time in Sorrento, but that is something you just can't control." See review