- 2-hour walking tour of three Roman basilicas
- Visit Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Santa Pudenziana, and Basilica di Santa Prassede with a guide
- See priceless relics, art, and mosaics
- Learn about the history and architecture of the churches
- Small-group tour limited to 15 provides a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
After entering, follow your guide around to see well-preserved mosaics from Roman times, the chapels of Pope Sixtus V and Pope Paul V, paintings by disciples of Raphael and Michelangelo, medieval relics, the tombs of pontiffs, and the tomb of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, one of Rome's most famous baroque-era architects, whose work can be seen around the city.
Next, exit Santa Maria Maggiore and head next tour do the Basilica di Santa Prassede, known for housing what is believed to be a segment of the pillar where Jesus was flogged and see more mosaics.
When your visit here ends, continue to your last church, Santa Pudenziana. Dating back to the 4th century, this small church is one of the oldest places of worship in Rome and is home to one of the oldest mosaics from the Roman era.
Your tour ends here, along Via Urbana, where you can continue your exploration of Rome on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Churches of Rome Private Tour: Maria Maggiore, Santa Pudenziana, Santa Prassede.